1.3K views
1.3

06 Ford F150 V6- motor took a dump at 80k. My mechanic of 10yrs recommended a Jasper motor over a "junkyard" motor. Paid 7500 for motor and install. 6600 miles later in about a year, jasper motor takes a dump. My Son was 15 hrs away when it happened in the middle of nowhere. Took it to the nearest Ford dealer, 4300 dollars in labor and fluids, etc later, back on the road. That is not including hotel and airfare to get my kid back home. Jasper paid 1000 for labor. So, I could have had a NEW ford motor for the price I've been paying for the past two motors. Jasper said I should have bought their extended warranty that was not offered to me and my mechanic didn't know they had it.

So, my 10yr relationship with my mechanic is shot, I'm out A LOT of money and I don't trust this truck at all, but now have too much into it. SO PLEASE, don't do what I did. Either trade your truck/car in, or go new motor. Don't waste your time.

I'm now making it my mission in life to spread the word.. DON'T USE JASPER MOTORS.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. ron67 stated that there is a room for improvement of do not buy from jasperengines com and warranty issues. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss warranty issue of engine and associated monetary loss in the amount of $3300. Jasper Engines And Transmissions needs to issue a full refund according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned engine in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Jasper Engines And Transmissions. You can also consider other company suggested by the author: Chevrolet.

Had an Experience with Jasper Engines And Transmissions?

Comments