2.4K views

I got a new Jasper rebuilt 7.3 Power stroke engine and it only made it 20,000 miles when I started loosing power. I took it to a ford dealership and after $1500.00 found out that I have no compression in the number 5 cylinder.

When I talked to jasper they just blew me off. I keep calling them and after 2 months they told me that I was on my own and they are not going to do anything about it. Stay away from Jasper engines. If you go to a dealership to buy a car and they tell you that it has a new rebuilt engine in it more than likely it will be a jasper engine.

I bought my truck from Gentry Ford in Baker City, Oregon and was told it had a new motor in it. When I started having problems I took it to a dealer close to where I live and that is when I found out that it had a Jasper engine. I thought that where I bought it from a ford dealer, and they said it had a new motor in it that it would be a ford motor. I guess that is not the case.

I also called Gentry ford for help and they would not help me at all either. The Salesman that sold me the truck still works there ( KING) and he just would hang up on me. I am not too happy because I have a new truck with a bad motor and no one will help.

20,000 miles on a diesel motor is a joke. It you cant do better than that I think that they need to give up....

Review about: Jasper Engines And Transmissions Engine.

Comments

I am the lead Diesel Tech in Customer Service at Jasper Engines. Need to know Was this engine a long block or a running complete?

When was it purchased and was it in warranty or out?

If it was a long block that would mean we did not supply the fuel system, possibly could have caused an issue. Let me know the production # and I will gladly look into it.